HandsFree 2: Calls & SMS 2.6.5
HandsFree 2 turns your Mac into a powerful handsfree device so you can use the built-in microphone and speakers (or use a USB headset) to make phone calls, manage text messages (SMS and receive MMS) or record important conversations.
It works with almost any Bluetooth enabled phone (including Android, Windows Phone and iOS*). HandsFree 2 guides you through the pairing and connecting, then provides you with an always available menu bar icon so you can quickly use your phone without having to get it. You can even leave it in another room or your pocket.
It’s like OS X Continuity except for everyone and with more features. Download it today and see how awesome it is to use your phone through your Mac.
Check out what you can do right on your Mac:
• Make and receive phone calls
• Send and receive text messages (SMS) *
• Receive images through text messages (MMS) *
• Record important conversations
• View missed, incoming and outgoing call lists.
• View existing text messages.
• Notifications for missed calls and low battery
• AppleScript support
• Contacts plugins and PopClip extensions
* – Some features are not available on iOS devices. Android requires version 4.4 or higher for text messaging support.
What’s New in Version 2.6.5
Issue where it was possible the text messaging feature would not work.
Issue where the call audio button would show phone instead of Mac for new outgoing calls.
Issue where the first attempt to connect through OBEX would fail. Now the app waits and tries once more which usually resolves it.
Handling for closing phone connections. This should help with the potential issue to get into a connect/disconnect loop.
Handling of errors when connections for phone logs or text messaging fail part way through setup.
Using updated functions for publishing and un-publishing the HandsFree & Message Notification Server services.